Sydney...again

Yup.  Back in Sydney and the rain is falling here too.
Never mind.  I had tea today with a lovely Lady from Guyana. She's something high up in the city. Sydney City. 16th floor to be exact. The first black woman cabinet minister. A very smart Lady.
Adam drove me there and I wish he'd been there to keep his beady eye on me.  Too late now (blush). So he then took me for a tour of Sydney via THE harbour bridge. Cough up $200 and you can walk over the top.
Well... forget that. For a wee bit more you can take an aerial tour in a SEA PLANE !!


I confess I am tempted.  Watch this space.....
The bridge is like an enormous meccano set and is affectionately known as the 'Coathanger' It was opened on March 19th 1932 by Premier Jack Lang after six years of construction. Made of steel the bridge contains 6 million hand driven rivets. The surface area that requires painting is equal to about the surface area of 60 sports fields. The Bridge has huge hinges to absorb the expansion caused by the hot Sydney sun.

Adam left me taking pictures while he went for a 'burst mattress' hair cut.

In  Melbourne, you're not allowed to HOON, and in Sydney it's against the law to not remove old labels.
Crikey possums, you really have to keep your wits about you here!


When I fell over, Sarah & Steve just smiled and watched me struggle to my feet without reaching out a helping hand.  If I hadn't accidently captured this picture to prove it, people just wouldn't believe me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiger Aspect Rocks!