The Great African Balloon Adventure. Serengeti

Today I awoke at sunrise and looked out of my window at a female Gazelle delicately picking her way through the bush outside my room.
A balloon floated past from THESE GUYSand I felt twangs of wanting to be up there with them.
But yesterday I had simply the most perfect flight with a maasai warrior who had never been off the ground before - and to watch his reaction was such a privilege. He loved it - until I went low over trees by a river and he ducked down !!
This connection is expensive so I'll end by telling you all I christened our new balloon by landing in trees/bushes that smelled of Eucalyptus but I think was more like sage. It was the last clearing before the Ngorogoro crater See above picture). I was SO SO tempted to continue on and down the 1000ft into the ancient crater but i would be fined many thousands of pounds, have the balloon impounded etc etc... so I landed in the trees.
Pictures will follow of the day-long retrieve by Maasai muscle...BOY! I was exhausted by the end of the day... sleeping in a camp site!
More soon !....

Comments

Susie B said…
It looks so beautiful. Hope you slept well! Do not forget to get yourself in some pictures - for this chapter of the book! Looking forward to more,xx
Unknown said…
Looking forward to seeing Maasai muscle! What a magnificent place, Rob.I wonder what will be next?xxxx

Popular posts from this blog

The Great African Balloon Adventure - Crew.