The Great African Balloon Adventure.


Sunday morning.....plane leaves 6pm and still lots to do.
An eery pre-sunrise pink sky reminds me that the sky alone is worth a trip to Africa.
My trusty camera will record some and the results will appear here, providing I get access to cyberspace!
But first, I must finish this cuppa tea, pack my final bits and pieces, clear the decks, and try and cross off all the things on this long list of things to do.

10.45. Still packing..... kettle on :-)

19.20. Boarded plane at Heathrow thanks to an easy comfortable lift in my sister Lindy's classic Volvo. Thanks.x

06.30 monday morning. Online on a very slow line in Nairobi airport.
We slid gently down through thousands of African feet with a perfect view of Mt Kenya, although the Captain described it as Kilimanjaro! If he was half asleep his flying didn't show it. A perfect landing to herald an exciting adventure on this continent!
Hey.... I smell coffee .........

Comments

Susie B said…
Glad to hear you are safely there. You sound very 'alive' and happy - I shall log on every day and enjoy news from out of my orbit!
Lots of love,xx
Unknown said…
Glad you're safe, Rob! Hope you didn't catch anything from me- sleepless night with swollen feeling in throat-day at home. Have fun! xx

Popular posts from this blog

The Great African Balloon Adventure - Crew.